Okay I know I am such a slacker when it comes to updating my blog.. but its summer come on. So many things have happened Tee Ball is over. Aidan really did good for only being three and it helped so much with his attention span... He still is only 3 haha so its pretty short but I can really tell a difference.
We have had some very fun weekends.. We went to Colorado in June to our darling baby cousin baby Grants blessing. His family is so special to us and he was a great addition. It was so exciting to see him and the family. Aidan had a blast with his cousin Jordan...He just idolizes that kid.. No matter what they are doing from swimming in the pool to running around the house they have a blast...
Aidan is getting to be so funny.. We were sitting in church for the blessing and right after it he started to be really nosiy and throw a fit so I picked him and to carry him out... and of course we were sitting close to the front to see the blessing.. and as I carried him our the door kicking and screaming he yelled as loud as he could " Where are you taking me?! Where are you taking me?!" and some how through the fit throwing I could hear the entire congregation chuckeling as I shut the door..
We also were able to go through the open house of the Oquirrh Mountian Temple. It was so amazing and very very beautiful... Aidan was such a good kid while we were going through it. It was the most amazing feeling I felt as I walked through those rooms.. It made me realize how badly I wanted to live the way I should so I can get there and receive the blessings that comes along with it.
We went to the Cleveland Days celebration and the Huntington 4th of July Celebration... both were so much fun the rides, races, yummy food, long lost friends...and the amazing fireworks. For such a small town Cleveland has the most amazing fireworks I have ever seen.
I decided to get adventurous and go camping with Aidan.. we did.. all the way in Grandma Shawnas back yard.. We did we had a blast he loved every minute of it. We read stories, had a campfire, roasted hot dogs and smores (with Peanut butter) and of course roasted Starburts..:D
We have had an awesome summer.
The last couple weekends we have also spent at fairs International days was last weekend, and the Carbon and Emery County fairs were this weekend.. Kids day at the park was so much fun, Aidan loved riding the train.. I promise pictures are to come... We really had a lot of fun. I never realized how special summer is..
I got to go to Lagoon with a friend. It was nice to just be a 22 year old girl again and kinda forget about the stresses of "life".
I have been acutally kinda depressed lately.. I just feel like life is passing me by.. I know exactly what I want in life and I know how to get there ( I think) It just seems like no matter what I do I can not seem to make it happen.. At the fair this weekend in a singing competition one of the girls sing a song about a single mom ( amazing song) Just saying how this mom works from the time she wakes up until the minute her head hits the pillow, and she works so hard to give her kids the things most take for granted, how she brings home the bacon and cooks it too. In the middle of the song she asked if there are any single moms in the audience.. and without even realizing until those with me started patting me on the back I had tears streaming down my face...
I guess it is just easier to act tough rather than let people know your weaknesses.. and I have become used to preteneding to be tough that I started to fool myself.. I am really just tired of waiting for something I have wished for as long as I can remember... it is beinging to feel hopeless. I am trying to put my trust in the Lord.. but I have been struggling lately.. Well this is way to long of a post... So hopefully I will do it sooner next time so I dont have so much to update you with.
And i promise promise promise pictures are to come.
A Smattering of Pictures Because We Are Still Here
10 years ago




2 comments:
I love you Trista. Just keep working towards going to the Temple and everything will fall into place. I just know it. Thank you for being such a wonderful friend to me over the years. You are the greatest!!!!
I want an update Trista....Its been entirely to long since you've written on here...what if I say please? Please...
Post a Comment